One of the things on my emergency supplies list is a power inverter. Here’s a little info I’ve found in a first pass online.
- Don Rowe’s Power Inverter FAQs
- Using an Inverter for Emergency Home Backup Power
- How to Choose a Power Inverter for your RV or RoadTrip Vehicle
- Inverters that plug into a cigarette lighter are good up to about 300 watts.
- For any device that draws more than about 300 watts you’ll need an inverter that connects directly to the battery.
- Don Rowe recommends 1750 watts as a good size for powering household appliances. Price is around $200.