News from 1930: “Germany requires gasoline to be blended with 2.5% alcohol to benefit potato farmers.”
There wasn’t any environmental rationalization for Germany’s decision in 1930 to require gasoline to contain 2.5% alcohol. The politicians were just throwing the farmers a bone. That’s the the same reason politicians support biofuels today. The environmental patter is for the suckers.
- Peak coal
- Leading biofuels company goes under; Congressmen demand more biofuels
- Ethanol production creates 15% of Iowa’s greenhouse gases
- Time Magazine, Paul Krugman Admit Biofuels are Snake Oil
- Rolling Stone: “Ethanol Scam: Ethanol Hurts the Environment And Is One of America’s Biggest Political Boondoggles”
- Oil sands petroleum extraction is already profitable