Here’s the edited version the Today show played:
“This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black”
And here’s what Zimmerman really said on the 911 call:
ZIMMERMAN: This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.
911 DISPATCHER: Okay, is this guy, is he white, black, or Hispanic?
ZIMMERMAN: He looks black.
- NBC Fires a Third Employee Over Zimmerman Edits
- Miami NBC6 Fires Reporer Jeff Burnside Over Altered George Zimmerman 911 Call
- NBC fires editor for altering Zimmerman 911 call; when will MSNBC fire the writer who did the same?
- Actor Don Cheadle Criticizes NBC’s Alteration of Zimmerman 911 Call
- NBC Today Show does to the Zimmerman 911 call exactly what MSNBC did in print